[Ads-l] Early cites for "edible(s)", n. (in the euphemistic/cannabinoid use)?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Feb 10 00:38:25 UTC 2023

Great.  It does seem plausible that the S.F. Bay Area would have been the
most fertile soil for growing "edibles". In the 1996 example, the presence
of "marijuana" as primer in the immediately prior clause leaves it unclear
whether the <+ cannabis> reading would have been recovered in a more
neutral context, but in the San Francisco area the enriched meaning may
well have been, er, in the air by then.

LH