[Ads-l] Antedating of "Geronimo"

James Eric Lawson jel at NVENTURE.COM
Tue Jan 3 00:34:21 UTC 2023

The movie promoted the shout. So (at least, pending better evidence):

[1939  _Arizona Daily Star_ (Tucson) Geronimo...the red savage whose
name was a battle-cry of vengeance...is headed this way! 24 Nov 12/6-7]

And the article doesn't say (although it might *seem* to imply) the
woman "shouted because she suddenly recognized the actor". The
ambivalence is nicely managed.

James Eric Lawson