[Ads-l] 'jarhead' (a soldier) antedatings

Mon Jan 16 07:07:51 UTC 2023

Back in 2010 JL found some citations starting in 1926 in which members
of the U.S. Army football team were called jarheads (the team's mascot
was a mule)

https://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2010-February/096857.html