[Ads-l] Mike Hunt

Mon Jan 23 18:35:45 UTC 2023

Green’s Dictionary of Slang does not have an entry for “Mike Hunt”,
but the name does appear in an 1833 citation under the entry for “soak
v.1”. The name apparently occurred in a song title.
https://greensdictofslang.com/entry/ns4yvjy

[Begin excerpt]
1833 [UK]  ‘Job Halls And Mike Hunt’ in Lummy Chaunter 83: In the
Feathers you’d find him soaking with Mike Hunt.
[End excerpt]

Google Books has a pertinent songbook, but only snippets are visible.

Title: Bawdy Songbooks of the Romantic Period: Items Published by
William West (1836-1842)
Editor: Ed Cray
Publisher: Routledge
https://books.google.com/books?id=Jvx6EAAAQBAJ&

[Begin text selected from snippets]
I have travelled all over town, Mike Hunt is my friend

Mike Hunt has for years been much admir'd, Great fame Mike Hunt has in
the world acquir'd

Mike Hunt was known full well, To every dashing swell

Have you seen Mike Hunt?

Job Halls and Mike Hunt
[End text from snippets]

Garson