[Ads-l] "Fuck, Marry, Kill"?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jul 4 23:51:49 UTC 2023

Entertaining indeed, especially as one can imagine what might fill in for
the third disjunct in the permission Conan Doyle granted for Gillette to
"marry, murder, or do what you like with him". I mostly know Gillette in
connection with the massive castle he built on the Connecticut River, a
major tourist attraction in these parts:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillette_Castle_State_Park
I'd forgotten before the wiki reminded me that Gillette's most celebrated
role was that of Sherlock.

LH