[Ads-l] Personal pronouns modified with relative clauses

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 6 00:24:09 UTC 2023

Trump's use of "who" sounds perfectly normal to me, though formal and
perhaps antiquated.

I recall a grammar question from sixty years ago (God knows where) that
asked "Which is correct?"

1. Confide in me, who is your friend.

2. Confide in me, who am your friend.

The correct answer, of course, was 2.