[Ads-l] Personal pronouns modified with relative clauses

Chris Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Tue Jun 6 07:04:39 UTC 2023

... and he who must not be named.

I don't really feel it as ungrammatical at all, just stylistically marked
as heightened in drama. (Which may be the thing about DJT.) I might say
something like "I, who have always paid my taxes on time, get accused of
financial shenanigans?" . I agree that the biblical ones are restrictive
and these here (DJT, Voldemort, me) are non-restrictive.

Chris Waigl . chris.waigl at gmail.com . chris at lascribe.net
http://eggcorns.lascribe.net . http://chryss.eu