[Ads-l] Quip Origin: If You're Not Part of the Solution You're Part of the Precipitate

Thu Jun 15 19:05:53 UTC 2023

On twitter Simon Koppel told me about a precursor appearing in the
student newspaper of the Case Institute of Technology of Cleveland,
Ohio in April 1973. The term "Chem E" referred to "Chemical
Engineering". The QI article has been updated and Koppel is
acknowledged:

[ref] 1973 April 25, Case Tech, Volume 68, Number 24, Student
Newspaper of Case Institute of Technology, (Untitled filler item),
Quote Page 8, Column 1, Cleveland, Ohio. (Case Western Reserve
University, Kelvin Smith Library, Student Newspaper Archive at
newspapers.case.edu; accessed June 15, 2023) link [/ref]

https://newspapers.case.edu/cgi-bin/cwru?a=d&d=CT19730425-01.1.8&

[Begin excerpt]
You know you’ve been going out with a Chem E too long when you become
part of the precipitate, rather than the solution.
[End excerpt]

Garson