[Ads-l] baseball lingo: to shove (intr)

Mon Jun 19 22:45:09 UTC 2023

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/fliz/status/20938800673
lizbert @fliz
Great game tonight!! RT @THE_ADAM_JONES: Bergy SHOVED tonight
10:36 PM · Aug 11, 2010
[End tweet info]

Might be reference to pitcher Brad Bergesen (Bergy)

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/S_Joiner/status/50394579198951425
Scott Joiner @S_Joiner
RT @writerinblack High school baseball coach tonight, "Can y'all say
'ass' in the paper? 'Cause their pitcher shoved it up our ass tonight"
11:12 PM · Mar 22, 2011
[End tweet info]

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/baseballwheat/status/64176531014041600
Baseball wheat @baseballwheat
Big win tonight to advance to All A State. Our starting pitcher was 2
outs away from a perfect game! He shoved tonight.
11:57 PM · Apr 29, 2011
[End tweet info]

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/ryan_emery23/status/82916330617061376
Ryan Emery @ryan_emery23
damn....UNC's pitcher absolutely shoved today against the
Longhorns.... #Ihatekevinstallings
5:02 PM · Jun 20, 2011
[End tweet info]