[Ads-l] Help with a survey on using IPA as a teaching tool across varieties of English

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Sep 17 00:32:06 UTC 2023

I am sending this out on behalf of a colleague, Roslyn Burns, who writes as
follows:

I am writing because I am working on creating an online IPA transcription
resource for people learning American English IPA transcription. I view
this new resource as a follow-up to my online American English IPA
production resource (http://linguisticking.com/SoundBar.html). I want the
transcription tool to incorporate a variety of different types of American
English and meet the basic transcription needs for instructors teaching
American English IPA transcription.

I have a survey that I created to learn more about the needs of instructors
who might use the tool but I am looking for places to distribute the survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUBRFiDVZL52Z28Sux2QS6od9KYJRt9R4yeJ5__B0LunOoRA/viewform?usp=sharing