[Ads-l] Fw: Thinking class / Cognitive class / Knowledge class

Z S zrice3714 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 9 20:28:21 UTC 2024

"Knowledge worker" implicitly suggests other professions do not involve the
utilization of knowledge. The definition is not in question, the term is.
It's rather inelegant, patronizing (as mentioned earlier here regarding
such terms), and not at all precise. It sounds like it's derived from a
time in which the majority worked in factories or fields.

As a side note, Oxford states:
knowledge worker: a person whose job involves handling or using information.

Coincidentally, "Thinking people" occurs in the translation of the recent
Putin interview.

"This is an obvious fact and *thinking people -* not Philistines, but
thinking people...analysts, those who are engaged in real politics, just *smart
people* - understand perfectly well that this is a fake."

Best,
Zola S.