[Ads-l] Family of Quips: How Do You Make a Small Fortune Doing X? Start With a Large Fortune

Fri Jan 19 14:53:36 UTC 2024

>From the NYTimes today (online version):
There’s an old saying about the news business: If you want to make a small
fortune, start with a large one.

Billionaires Wanted to Save the News Industry. They’re Losing a Fortune.

Time magazine, The Washington Post and The Los Angeles Times — owned by
Marc Benioff, Jeff Bezos and Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong — are still losing
money.

GAT

--
George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998.

But when aroused at the Trump of Doom / Ye shall start, bold kings, from
your lowly tomb. . .
L. H. Sigourney, "Burial of Mazeen", Poems.  Boston, 1827, p. 112

The Trump of Doom -- also known as The Dunghill Toadstool.  (Here's a
picture of his great-grandfather.)

https://heritagecollections.parliament.uk/collections/getrecord/HOP_WOA_3851