[Ads-l] Request access to 1934 Easton Press edition of Erewhon with introduction by Aldous Huxley

Fri Jul 5 19:45:48 UTC 2024

The Quote Investigator website contains a new article about a
quotation attributed to Aldous Huxley. Apparently, the quotation
appeared in a special introduction by Huxley to the 1934 Easton Press
collector's edition of Samuel Butler’s nineteenth century novel
"Erewhon".

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2024/07/01/clear-maltreat/

Any suggestion of how I might be able to obtain scans of this 1934
edition? I was able to find a reprint of the quotation in a syndicated
1938 newspaper column, but I have not seen scans of the 1934 edition,
yet.

Some reference works claim that the quotation appeared in Aldous
Huxley's 1921 novel "Crome Yellow", but it is not there.

Garson