[Ads-l] Ax/Tree proverb

Fri Sep 20 21:30:40 UTC 2024

Barry Popik previously explored this topic. He has the following two
pertinent webpages:

“When the axe came into the forest, the trees said: ‘The handle is one
of us’” (proverb)
https://barrypopik.com/blog/when_the_axe_came_into_the_forest

“The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe
because its handle was made of wood…”
https://barrypopik.com/blog/the_forest_was_shrinking_but_the_trees