[An-lang] Memorial volume: Terry Crowley

John Lynch lynch_j at VANUATU.USP.AC.FJ
Tue Feb 15 04:36:17 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues and Friends of Terry Crowley,

We would like to invite you to contribute a paper or a personal memoir to a
volume tentatively titled: Linguistic Description and Linguistic
Applications: Studies in Memory of Terry Crowley. As indicated by the title,
the volume will focus on two themes prominent in Terry's work: language
description (Australian languages, Oceanic languages, pidgins and creoles)
and the applications of linguistics for the benefit of language communities
(dictionary making, language planning and development, language in
education, etc.)

Since a lot of contributions are expected, we would like to keep papers
under 5000 words if possible. Personal memoirs would be much shorter.

As Terry always liked to get things out quickly, we are planning to work to
the following timetable:

   15 March 2005: Expression of interest due (with provisional title)

   15 August: submission due (strict deadline)

   15 October: submission returned for revisions (if any)

   1 December: final version due

   1 February (we send ms to publisher)

Please send your expression of interest (or queries) to one of the
following:

Diana Eades <Diana.Eades at une.edu.au> for contributions on Australian
languages (including Australian English and Aboriginal English)

John Lynch <lynch_j at VANUATU.USP.AC.FJ> for contributions on Oceanic
languages

Jeff Siegel <jsiegel at une.edu.au> for contributions on pidgins and creoles or
any other topic

We have been in contact with John Benjamins about the possibility of their
publishing the volume. So we will send you their guidelines and a copyright
assignment form when we receive your expression of interest.

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Diana, John and Jeff