[An-lang] Questions about pre-conference papers for 16-ICAL

Yuko Kitada yuyumalaysia at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 27 00:31:42 UTC 2023

Dear colleagues on An-lang mailing list,

It's Yuko Kitada, the moderator of the Austronesian Linguists' Discord community.

This time, we are supposed to submit papers before ICAL.
A member of our Discord server asked the following questions concerning the papers on the 16-ICAL thread in our Discord community (https://discord.gg/kHAykSdS), and I asked a local committee member several days ago; however, we have yet to receive a response. The questions are as follows:

1. When and where are the papers going to be published?
2. Are they going to be peer reviewed?
3. Will we have a chance to revise the manuscript to reflect discussions at the conference (or even withdraw a paper if this becomes relevant after the presentation)?

Does someone answer the questions? We prefer a response from an ICAL steering or local committee member; however, even if you are not a current member, you could also share your experience at another conference requiring a pre-conference paper.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Yuko Kitada
yukokitada at outlook.com