Arabic-L:GEN:Font restrictions

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jun 26 23:02:27 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Font restrictions
2) Subject:Font restrictions
3) Subject:Font restrictions

Date:  26 Jun 2002
From:Andrew Freeman <andyf at umich.edu>
Subject:Font restrictions

Actually I think that the typefaces are copyrighted.  That is why you
get "Times" vs. "Times New Roman."  There is some slight difference
noticeable to a font designer, that allows the designer not to pay a
royalty to AGFA which holds the copyright on Times.

I, of course am not a lawyer but this has been my impresion about the
state of affairs for more than 20 years now.
cheers,
andy