MOR analysis on Spanish

Cynthia Pamela cpaudisio at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:25:59 UTC 2016

Dear chibolts,

I'd be pleased if you could give me suggestions on how to solve some
inconveniences I come across when running MOR for Spanish. It turns out
that I tend to get a large amount of unanalysed items. I've checked and
found out that some of them are repeating systematically, so there must be
a way to correct MOR analysis. These errors happen, for instance, when
parsing verbs such as "lastimés"/"mordás"/tirés"/"grités"/etc. in the
subjunctive mode, which are commonly used in directives with a negative
particle as in "no tirés los juguetes". These forms can be either used with
or without the accent: MOR doesn't understand the unaccented ones.
Secondly, while most cases of verb+clitic are perfectly understood, a few
highly common items following that rule are overlooked, such as "decile"
(while "decíle", wrongly accented, is correctly analysed).

Another issue regards the identification of auxiliaries. MOR analysis
ignores most of Spanish auxiliaries and light verbs but "haber" and
"estar", how could I add more cases?

I’d appreciate any help.

Regards