Recommendations for Study

Sat Aug 1 04:07:40 UTC 1998

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 jeffkopp at att.net (Jeffrey Kopp) writes:

>I regret that I don't have Gibbs ready to post yet (it=20
>got pushed aside by necessities, only halfway through),=20
>but I would be glad to send copies.  $5 each for copying=20
>and postage would be appreciated.  Will try to get them
>out pronto. =20

<eyes all shiney-like>  Coolness.

>Pls email request with mailing address. =20

Just as soon as I have the fundage, you betcha.

>(Pls specify Jargon only or both his Jargon and Chinookan
>dictionaries.)  I should probably bundle it with Shaw.  I=20
>think I can copy and mail both for $7.50; will advise
>after I get the first package
together.

That would be the package *I'd* be interested in.

But, then again, I'm like that.  <G>

Say, while I have everyone ear (eyes), I'm looking for  inexpensive
copies of just about any of the Pacific Northwest/Puget Sound
region/Western Canada/Southern Alaska Native language books: Haida,
Tsimshian, Bella Coola, Tlingit, Salish, etc.  Besides being curious to
see what some of the Jargon words looked like before they became Jargon
words, I'd just plain like to have them.  And my kid brother's little
girl is showing ever sign of having a hungry intellect and I'm thinking
about feeding that hunger with local languages. (Perhaps cousin Gabe will
hang in there for a few more years, so she can learn some of it from a
Native speaker).

Shorey's books in Seattle does have copies of most of what I'm looking
for but *only* if I order them in lots of 150+; I only need one copy.

Thank'ee kindly

Lisa
lisapeppan at juno.com
http://www.escargot.com/lisap

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]