"Kamloops Wawa"

Fri Aug 14 19:53:45 UTC 1998

LhaXayem kupa kanawi,

=46or a task I've taken on, may I ask if any others on this list can read
Duployan shorthand?  (The writing system used by Father Le Jeune for his
"Kamloops Wawa" newssheet about a hundred years ago.)  Would you be
willing to help?

I'll tell you more details, if you want to send me a message.

Nayga hayash mash masi,
      =20
Dave

                    UPCOMING EVENT
Thursday August 20, 1998:  Hear Coeur d'Alene tribe storyteller Lawrence
Aripa --- 10 a.m. at East Side branch of Spokane Public Library (524 S.
Stone) --- 1:00 p.m. at Hillyard Branch Library (4005 N. Cook). =20