Ya-Hoo! (not the search engine)

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Sun Nov 15 09:22:06 UTC 1998

There's been an encouraging flux of activity on the new CHINOOK listserv in
the last few days that I wish I'd had more time to partake of and respond to.

Nice to see _everyone_ who's just joined being so enthusiastic, and also
see a few faces crop up from the "older" group that we haven't heard from
since the Workshop in Mission last September.

I've got to go away for ten days, starting tomorrow, so if you don't hear
back from me it's because I'm out of town.  Terry Glavin and I are
supposedly journeying into Shalalth (on Seton Lake, west of Lillooet) at
the end of the month once I get back to do some ground research on some
proposed logging on the mountainside there (my original hometown), but
we're also going to try and pierce the elders in the region to see what
surviving knowledge of Chinook there is around there; I know there is some.

Anyway, gotta run/pack/sleep - I know I should have written this in Chinook
but, well, next time....

Mike Cleven