Next year's ChInUk Wawa gathering

Mon Nov 23 21:06:42 UTC 1998

LaXayEm!

Is it too early to suggest we discuss options for next year's Jargon
gathering?  The first one worked out so well, I'm eager for 1999.

So where should we meet?  Some possibilities have been mentioned:  I
remember
	*Vancouver BC
	*Grand Ronde rez, OR
	*Seattle, WA, Indian Health offices (?is that right?)
	*Fort Vancouver Historic Site, Vancouver, WA
	*Spokane, WA is one that I'll add to the list

Considerations:
	*Central location is preferable; where are we all going to
		be coming from?
	*Location within the old territory of the ChInUk Wawa is
		highly desirable.
	*Proximity to the Salish conference might be a very good
		thing, as we noted last year, because then you've already
		got a gathering of Native people and linguists who are
		likely to be interested.  The 1999 Salish conference will
		be at Kamloops, BC.
	*Of course, lodging and food had better be available for
		reasonable prices!

Please write and tell what you think.

Best,
Dave