Events of interest this weekend

Thu Sep 17 08:34:13 UTC 1998

At 08:53 PM 9/16/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi -- Brief mentions --
>
>Salmon Festival, Icicle Creek, Leavenworth, WA.  Sept. 19-20.
>
>Yap-Keehn-Um Powwow, North Idaho College Soccer Field, Coeur d'Alene, =
ID.
>Sept. 18.
>
>Indian Days Powwow, Toppenish, WA.  Sept. 17-20.
>
>First ever Chinook Jargon workshop, St. Mary's, Mission, BC.  Sept. =
18-20.

Actually I think the Lillooet Lake Rodeo at Mt. Currie (north of =
Whistler)
might be on this weekend....although it may have been cancelled, as Grand
Chief Jimmy Scotchman of the Stl'atl'imx passed away a day or two ago and
the nation is in "official mourning"......

=46or visitors to the Chinook conference, you might be interested in =
checking
out the new Squamish feast-house atop Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver,
which is a new cultural tourism enterprise of the Squamish Nation.  I'll
try and have info on it at the conference......

Mike C.

Mike Cleven
ironmtn at bigfoot.com
http://members.home.net/ironmtn/