A call for songs, please.

Tue Sep 29 20:00:09 UTC 1998

LhaXauyem!

=46or the band that I'm starting, let me say that we would be honored to
learn Chinook Jargon songs from you.  We want to sing only in Chinuk =
Wawa.
It would be nice to try setting your songs to a rock / folk style of =
music
and get people listening to this language, having fun. =20

So we're hoping to learn your slahal or stickgame songs, love songs,
lullabies, drinking songs (!), and others that you might like to share.

We ask you to let us know who the songs came from and some background
information about each song, so we can give proper honors where they are
due. =20

The songs don't have to be entirely in Chinook Jargon.  They might be in
another language with Jargon words being a part of the whole. =20

We just hope to learn songs that have been handed down and that we might
help to preserve.

Tape recordings or telephone calls are very welcome!  So if you feel like
contributing a song, please contact Dave Robertson at this email address,
or telephone (509) 459-4243.  Thanks a million!

Dret hayu masi!
Dave