chInuk lu7lu yaka chxi kapIt!

Nadja Adolf nadolf at NAVITEL.COM
Wed Aug 18 19:23:59 UTC 1999

LaXayEm,

Kata mesayga?

Elip chinuk lu?lu, nayka kEmTEks tenas wa-wa.
Before the language class, I knew a very few words.

Nesayka lu?lu dret Lush - konaway tIlXam konamoxt pus chaku-kEmTEks wawa.

Our class was really great - all people together to learn  to speak.

Dret Lush lu?lu, dret Lush tilXam munk konamoxt.

Great class, great people working together.

Hyas Mahsie khapa Tony pi tilXam.

Many thanks to Tony and everyone.

Nesayka aw mitlayt Springfield, yaka alta tikki chaku-kEmtEks wawa.

My brother living in Springfield, now he wants to learn Chinook WaWa.

LaXayam,

nadja

-----Original Message-----
From: David Robertson [mailto:drobert at TINCAN.TINCAN.ORG]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 1999 6:26 PM
To: CHINOOK at LINGUIST.LDC.UPENN.EDU
Subject: chInuk lu7lu yaka chxi kapIt!

LaXayEm!

dreht Lush tEmtEm nayka pus nayka nanIch nEsayka khapa shawash IlI7i
wik-hayu san anqEti, pi Iskam nEsayka lIma.

(It made me very happy to see you all and shake your hands at Grand Ronde
a few days ago.)

nanIch, hayu tIlxam Laska hayu-chaku kEmtEks chInUk alta!

(Looks like a lot of people are learning Chinook Wawa now!)

Lush san,
Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html