Indigenous festival in Portland

Nadja Adolf nadolf at NAVITEL.COM
Mon Aug 23 17:39:39 UTC 1999

Kimta Chinook lu?lu, nayka chaku klak Grande Ronde, pi klatawa kapa
Springfield nonnich nayka aw pi yaka Lutchman.

(After the Chinook circle, I left Grande Ronde and went to Springfield to
see my brother and his girlfriend.)

Nayka kish kish kapa ooahut kwist dahtlum pi kwist kah sun klatawa kapa
Corvallis. Nayka ulu kapa Monmouth, nayka mukamuk kopa Taco Time kopa
Monmouth. Taco Time, yaka muckamuck Lush pi yaka wik California.

(I drove on Hwy 99W to Corvallis. I was hungry at Monmouth and I ate at the
Monmouth Taco Time. Taco Time, he has good food and there are none in
California.)

Wik siah 99W, hiyu tupso, hiyu illi?i khapa muckamuck. Yaka illi?i dret
tokti, qesshi nayka temtem Grande Ronde hiyu stick hiyu tokti .

(Not far from 99W, there is a lot of grass, and a lot of farmland. That
country is very pretty, but I think Grande Ronde's many trees are prettier.

Nayka chaco Corvallis pi kilipai kopa ooahut klun dahtlum pi lakkit pi
klatawa ooahut togum.
(I came into Corvallis and turned onto Hwy 34 and went to Hwy 5.)

Wik siah din din, nayka chako Springfield. Nayka aw, yaka haws kapa Anqati
Town. Yaka man pi yaka Lushman tigge anqati iktas - la chaise, bed, la
caset, le tab. Klaska mitlayt hiyu anqati iktas. Nesayka wawa kapa nayka ow
pi yaka Lushman munk, pi nayka ow chee pickup lakkit pi lakkit chik-chik, pi
tillikum kEmtEks.

(Not far time, I got to Springfield. My brother's house is in the Historic
District. My brother lives in the Historic District. He and his girlfriend
like antique stuff - chairs, bed, cabinets, table. They have many antiques.
We talked about his and his girlfriend's work, and his new 4x4 pickup truck,
and family things.)

Yaka man tikke chako klak Springfield elip sun ixt munk kapa Canada kapa
yaka klatawa lapie saghalie hyas la monte kunnamokst yaka tillikum. Yaka
tikke moosum, pi nayka chaku klak Springfield kapa Grants Pass wik siah
kimtah sun.

(He wanted to leave Springfield at first light on Monday for Canada to climb
a high mountain with a friend. He needed to sleep, and I left Grants Pass
for Springfield not long after sunset.)

Nayka wawa manki ya?im kimtah.

(I will tell more story later.)

nadja

(Please send suggestions, corrections, etc. I am getting sick of how often I
seem to need to use nayka to describe what I am doing - grammatical help,
anyone? The story is supposed to be about the trip, not about me!)