Jargon fan mail from overseas

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Feb 3 09:07:10 UTC 1999

I thought the group might enjoy these messages from a Northwest girl in
school in Austria; she mentions having helped at Ft. Vancouver and
giving her cat a Jargon name.  I get a message like this about once each
month or two via the Web site.  (I should put a guestbook on it one of
these days.)

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:57:23 +0100, "Sarah Cawley"
<Sarah.Cawley at koeroesi.asn-graz.ac.at> wrote:

Hello this is sarah cawley (ausrtian exchange student) The kids in the
class thought the jargon was cool, most thought there was only one
native
language to start out with, so big surprize to them.  Thank you again
for
the site sarah.

----------
Von: Jeffrey Kopp <jeffkopp at teleport.com>
An: Sarah Cawley <Sarah.Cawley at koeroesi.asn-graz.ac.at>
Betreff: Re:
Datum: Montag, 01. Februar 1999 18:17

Hi, Sarah.  Thank you for your note.  Well, if you worked at Ft.
Vancouver you probably know our history better than I do already.  I
grew up here but am just beginning to learn a little about it.  I am
glad the Web site helped you with the assignment, which would not have
been an easy one for many students here.  I am curious to know what your
Austrian classmates thought of the Jargon.

Regards,

Jeffrey Kopp

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:38:53 +0100, you wrote:

>hello I am  a american exchange student in Austria, I was asked a few
weeks
>ago to do a report about "the oregon indians" for my english class.
Finding