Meetings in Portland, OR area

David Lewis coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Feb 5 08:43:55 UTC 1999

I will not be able to attend these meetings as I live too far away while I
am in school. But, I wonder what others may think of holding a meeting such
as this in a place with such a graphic reminder of Colonial America?
Especially since there will likely be native people attending. Of course I
may be the rare person who has a problem with this, and others may not feel
as I but this may be worth discussing. If we  are to find ways of saving
this language for all those who are interested, I think it should be
necessary to make sure that everyone has a say in the process. I fully
support meetings such as this and I hope to one day begin the same here in
the Southern Willamette Valley. I also hope that I am not taken as simply a
"criticizer". I would likr to see efforts like this expanded to include as
many people as want to be involved. I am only  questioning the place
selection, even though the area may be ideal.