This week's CJ quiz:K!Ilapay-wawa khapa uk #makwst

Sun Feb 7 03:44:30 UTC 1999

Klahowya, Terry,

Nayka dret wawa:  Wik nayka kEmtEks!  Pi nayka tEmtEm, wik uk yaxwEl Pat
Kanim chaku khapa Chinuk Wawa -- tL'unEs khapa Selish (Sdohobsh).  Hayu
tayms nayka nanich yaka kakwa "Patkanim", mayka kEmtEks, kapit ixt wa.

Kanim is not from Chinook Jargon; maybe from Snohomish Salish instead.
Often I've seen it written Patkanim, you know, as a single word.)

Even more confusing is the fact that his ?nephew was ?"Skookum George"!

Dave
 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html