Protocol

Sat Feb 20 03:28:23 UTC 1999

LhaXayEm.

There have been recurring and frequent postings to this list which have
purported to represent facts about and views of various First Nations
communities.

These postings have not abated even in response to gentle corrections.

The author(s) of the postings is / are now removed from this list.

I, as moderator, and I am very sure the membership at large of CHINOOK,
offer heartfelt apologies to the First Nations people needlessly offended
by those messages.

We shall try to ensure that unfortunate events like this do not recur.

Dret sIk tEmtEm nay:  I am sorry.

Dave Robertson

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html