Russian sources?

Wed Jan 13 18:17:35 UTC 1999

Lhush san, kanawi-lhaksta,

Here's a question I've never seen addressed in the literature.

Are there any known (preferably published!) journals of the Russian
explorers and traders on the Pacific coast of America, mentioning
information more or less closely tied to the Chinook Jargon and its
Native "donor" languages?

Of course, I could take this to the Library of Congress site, research it
at an academic library, or access an appropriate history listserv; but
since you're here, I'm asking this group of experts.

My russky is rusty, but I'd be eager to read the originals and translate
them if there is relevant material of this sort available.

Hyas mahsie, sihks,
Dave

  To learn about subscribing to the SALISHAN or CHINOOK jargon discussion
   groups, just reply to this  message.  Support Native language studies!