Hayne & Taylor re Yukon CJ

Mon Jan 25 02:01:03 UTC 1999

Klahowya, Jeff pe konaway nesika tillicums,

You've guessed correctly, I'm simply going through every danged book on
the shelves of our local library system, and there is a literal ton of
stuff regarding Northwest North America.  Hardly any of it is
cross-referenced in the library catalogs I've seen, and for example, Swan
contains a fine vocabulary of both Chinook Jargon and of Chehalis Salish.

One discovers much when one becomes self-reliant, i.e. not letting library
catalogs be the only authority.  Plenty of buried treasure out there!

I'd love to know what you all find in your libraries.

Best,
Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html