(fwd) Re: reader question

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at TELEPORT.COM
Fri Jul 23 19:19:07 UTC 1999

Klahowya tillikums!  I received this inquiry about the origin of
Tumwater which I wanted to pass along to the group, and also wanted
to share the link to a Web site of the writer, Pat Kohnen, about
Clackamas County history and the Oregon Trail, at
www.usgennet.org/alhnorus/ahorclak/history.html

It's genealogically oriented but includes a copious, detailed
timeline of events as well as names on the trail and in Oregon in the
mid-19th century.  He is also developing a Clackamas County native
section, which will feature the Clackamas (Chinookan-speakers), the
Kalapuyas and the Molallas.

While following links from Pat's site I revisited Stephanie Flora's
Oregon Trail/Territory site at
http://www.teleport.com/~sflora/ortrail.htm, and see it has grown
since I ran across it a year or so ago.

An interesting link from Stephanie's site leads to "Understanding Old
Handwriting," on another genealogy site at
http://www.firstct.com/fv/oldhand.html.

cloosh nanitch

Jeff