Twana

Sat Mar 6 08:01:06 UTC 1999

LaXiyEm,

The T at waduxq are Salishan, not Chinookan -- the "contact" I'm
hypothesizing is not one entailing genetic relationship so much as one
permitting certain conditions to have existed in the formation of CJ.

I'm just interested in whether the Chinookans may've happened to pass by
Vancouver Island on their way to the Skokomish area.

If they did, then they may have had pre-"historic" contact with the
Nootkans.

Cheers,
Dave
 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html