alaxti vs. tL!unas [Re: wawa question]

Linda Fink linda at FINK.COM
Fri Sep 10 16:00:19 UTC 1999

Mahsie, Dave! Hlus miga wawa. Alaxti niga kumdux.

At 12:34 AM 9/10/99 -0700, you wrote:
>lhaXayEm!
>
>(I'm toying with typing <lh> rather than <L> for the voiceless lateral
>fricative...are you lost yet?)  :-)

Niga tumtum lh monika kagwa. Hlush tumtum! Klonas Tony wek tumtum kagwa
I think lh (is closer to the sound.) (Better like that) Good idea! (Wonder
if Tony will agree?)

lhaXayEm... Linda
which brings me to another question. Is this lhaXayEm in closing a modern
invention? All I think I heard said in class was something like "Ulda niga
hlatowa." Now I go. I think I was told that saying goodbye was bad luck so
people just left. But my memory and my understanding are neither one very good.