syllabaire Cri

janilta janilta at J.EMAIL.NE.JP
Sun Feb 6 04:17:09 UTC 2000

Mike,

Well, no, I cannot figure something out of 'on d'abord' either. Sorry.
In spoken French (but it is perhaps more frequent in Quebec), you can
use 'd'abord' to stress a statement or with the meaning 'in such case'.
But generally after a full sentence. No, I don't think of anything else.
Yes, in that case 'lapot' could be close to the 'laboat' model.
In fact, I meant that, _unlike Chinook Jargon_, in many _other_
pidgins/jargons, 'washem' is a common way to express 'to wash' (f ex
Pacific jargons...).
The Cree syllabary was invented in 1840 by the missionary James Evans
(and later adaptated to Ojibwa and Inuktitut), apparently inspired by
English shorthand and Indic scripts.

Regards, Yann.