[Fwd: Aloha and mahalo for linking us to your EXCELLENT site (you've been working hard!). Here's a page for your pleasure:]

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Thu Feb 10 09:03:08 UTC 2000

I'm cleaning my Chinook mailboxes trying to dig up a number of BC
contacts who surfaced via email over the last two years, and came across
the following that seems suitable for forwarding to the list.  I think
some of you have interest in Hawaiian matters.  It was Aunty who first
clarified the origin of Kanaka for me when I was first building my
webpages.

Mike Cleven
http://members.home.net/ironmtn/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Aloha and mahalo for linking us to your EXCELLENT site (you've
been working hard!).  Here's a page for your pleasure:
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 12:20:22 -0700
From: Aunty <sweetlei at hawaiianlanguage.com>
To: ironmtn at bigfoot.com

Aloha mai!  `O `Anake~ ke~ia.  This is Aunty.

Here's a Hawaiian Culture resource page for you and others
who share who share an Aloha for Hawai`i (and its
spectacular scenery, beautiful music and `ono food!)

The Hawaiian Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~olelo/home.html

is a not-for-profit, FROM-THE-HEART effort to help ho`oulu
make flourish) the Hawaiian language and culture. It is an
All-in-One Reference Page on Hawaiian Culture -- a "Crash
Course" on Things Hawaiian, if you will.  And it's manuahi
(free)!

As an educator/life-long learner, I have found it helpful
to me, students, and `ohana, and perhaps, it may be
personally useful to you as a bookmarked Hawaiian culture
reference page or homepage whenever you're online.

FEEL FREE to FORWARD this message to others in your address
book, e-lists, or newsgroups or...LINK IT to your page, if
you wish. Permission is fully granted, i.e.,"no need ask."
It is intended to be shared freely...and accessible to all.

By YOUR OWN individual sharing efforts, YOU join a growing
group of Hawaiians and Hawaiians-at-heart, who realizes:

               "Ko~ Ka~kou Ke Kuleana"
               (The Responsibility is Ours)

and now WILLINGLY gives back to Hawai`i, its people and
culture, instead of merely taking these for granted, or
worse, becoming one of the misguided who graspingly
"take, take, take" without any thought of giving back in
kind, and in so doing, slowly rip off our culture's heart
and soul as they diminish themselves.

Join us in our heartfelt commitment to spread the beauty
and knowledge of Hawai`i's culture, language, and Aloha,
so others may benefit and, like you, become better people
for experiencing them; in so doing, you help keep the
Hawaiian culture and The Aloha Spirit strong in YOU, and
for the present and future generations.

The saying goes, "Put your money where your mouth is,"
i.e.,talk is cheap; don't just give it lip service. In this
case, forget the money: "Put your Aloha where your fingers
on the keyboard are." Start spreading the word:
http://www.geocities.com/~olelo/thescroll.html

E luana! Enjoy!  Mahalo for allowing me to share this
expression of gratitude to Hawai`i, its people, and its
Spirit with you and yours.

`O wau iho no~, me ke Aloha,
I remain, with love, Aunty
http://hawaiianlanguage.com

        "We are each of us angels with but one wing,
          and can only fly by embracing each other."
                           __  __
                          /__\/__\
                           ''  ''
    KNOW or LOVE A DOG? Review, bookmark & pass this on:
http://hawaiianlanguage.com/shelties/emergencydoglinks.html
      Come Home: http://hawaiianlanguage.com/home.html
 Featured on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin's Home on the Web:
    The Hula Pages: http://hawaiianlanguage.com/hula.html
           mailto:aunty at hawaiianlanguage.com