CHINOOK Digest - 11 Feb 2000 to 12 Feb 2000 (#2000-41)

Nadja Adolf nadja at NODE.COM
Sun Feb 13 06:32:13 UTC 2000

The various proposals for oven are all good; but the one I like best
is lapella lacasset.

Chikamin piah sounds more like welding, or maybe a furnace or heating
stove to me.... and lapella lacasset gives a strong indication
of the use. Of course, it could be confused with a rotisserie!

As someone who uses her oven a lot by modern American standards,
I'm still looking for the perfect word that conveys an oven, and
strongly differentiates itself from the stove top.

I propose piah klawap for the stove top burners or elements -
"fire holes."

nadja