mEkmEk haws Iktas

Scott E. Tyler Scott.Tyler at MULTICARE.ORG
Mon Feb 14 16:46:40 UTC 2000

I have seen where
	mamook chuk  was used to mean boil water for cooking
	mamook liplip  to make water boil

	Way back last year Dave made a comment about a term from
the Spokane area,
	Mamook kol  used to describe making a fire.  This seems to lead to a
little confusion
because kol is usually used to mean  Cold, but if the individual was using
Coal for the fuel
he certainly could have meant make a coal fire.
	mamook kol   and  mamook paya  therefore could mean to make heat for
cooking.
	I like the term stobe, it sounds like grandma talking.
	Does mamook piah wapato  mean cook a potato ?
	Seems like you could shorter a term to
	mamook stob  to mean get a fire started in the cook stove.
Scott