ISO character coding

Michael Everson everson at EGT.IE
Tue Feb 15 12:43:57 UTC 2000

Ar 19:35 -0800 1999-02-14, scríobh David Robertson:
>LhaXayEm, Michael, qhata mayka?

Beannachtaí chugatsa freisin. ;-)

>I can mail you a preliminary list of the appropriate characters for
>ChInuk, as used in the Chinook Jargon language program at Grand Ronde,
>Oregon. They tend to be derived from the Americanist Phonetic Alphabet.

Please do. But is there not also a syllabary or some other such writing
system that was used previously for Chinook Jargon?

>Would you be interested in receiving information on the orthographic
>requirements of other indigenous languages of our region?

Yes, very much so.

Michael Everson  **  Everson Gunn Teoranta  **   http://www.egt.ie
Vox +353 1 478 2597 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Mob +353 86 807 9169
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn;  Baile an Bhóthair;  Co. Átha Cliath; Éire