Star Chamber Censorship of CHINOOK - I +DEMAND+ a vote! (fwd)

David Gene Lewis coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Tue Feb 22 00:18:45 UTC 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:11:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Jon Burpee <jburpee at yahoo.com>
To: David Gene Lewis <coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Subject: Re: Star Chamber Censorship of CHINOOK - I +DEMAND+ a vote!

I think David has a point.  I have not read all of Sir
James postings closely just as with other members.
(Not enough time in the day!!)  I personally didn't
find anything that required booting from the
list....Perhaps just a rebutal of the statement would
be more appropriate.  Education is provocation.
Statements with which I do not agree tend to make me
think of different ways of looking at issues.  We
should openly encourage friendly debate.  I detected
no mean-heartedness in any statements made by Governor
Douglas.  If there were such messages maybe they
should be dealt with in an open forum.  But I am only
one voice of many and would love to hear other
opinions.

Mah...
Thanks (Afraid to write anything in Jargon because my
reliance on the written records of the Hudson's Bay
Company might get me in trouble).

Jon