coulee

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Tue Jan 25 22:15:43 UTC 2000

janilta wrote:

> Alan, Mike,
>
> Thanks for the definitions about 'coulee'. Now we know everything...
> No Mike, when I write French, it is France's French since I don't know
> for Prairie French or Metis French. But apparently the final vowels of
> 'coulee' are not similar in English and French (ay/ee).
> Well, in fact 'couloir', unlike 'coulee' has no 'pour' meaning image in
> French, more a 'narrow lane' or something.

I think that came up somewhere in recent discussions that coulir doesn't
exist; looks like it should; if "couler" has a meaning of to flow, why
doesn't coule'e?  Whatever, either description is apt for a coulee; I'll
try and find you a pic; probably the Canadian gov geophysics site has
something on landforms......