coulee

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Tue Jan 25 22:17:34 UTC 2000

janilta wrote:

> Alan, Mike,
>
> Thanks for the definitions about 'coulee'. Now we know everything...
> No Mike, when I write French, it is France's French since I don't know
> for Prairie French or Metis French. But apparently the final vowels of
> 'coulee' are not similar in English and French (ay/ee).
> Well, in fact 'couloir', unlike 'coulee' has no 'pour' meaning image in
> French, more a 'narrow lane' or something.
>
> Regards, Yann.

BTW someone sent me some canadien-prairie forms; if it wasn't in the
group it must have been a private e-mail; I'll see if I can find it and
will then post it....

The term for Saskatchewanian francophones turns out to be fransaskois
according to someone from one of the newsgroups, atlhough I've also
heard saskais as well....