Comprehensive bibliographies of CJ

Jim Holton jim at ADISOFT-INC.COM
Mon Jan 31 18:04:13 UTC 2000

The second item that Dave mentions is:

Chinook Jargon: A Computer Assisted Analysis of Variation in an American
Indian Pidgin
by Samuel Victor Johnson, University of Kansas, Ph.D., 1978

It is an analysis of all the "dictionaries" of Chinook Jargon.  He classifies
each book so you can see which works are based on which works and he tells a
little about the background of each dictionary as well as examining the
phonetic systems that the books use and how they relate to Jargon
pronunciation.  You can obtain a copy at www.umi.com (which is the same place
you can obtain Henry Zenk's also) LaXayEm, Jim

--

Visit http://www.adisoft-inc.com/chinookbook/wawa.html to preview:

  Chinook Jargon - The Hidden Language of the Pacific Northwest

                                  ####