Various: Taholah, WA street name; Little Shell Chippewa <-> Michif?; Tekahionwake Pauline Johnson; Cowlitz Chief Atwin Stockman

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at USWEST.NET
Mon Jul 17 06:44:26 UTC 2000

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 02:07:33 -0400, "David Robertson of Chinook"
<drobert at TINCAN.TINCAN.ORG> wrote:

>* At <www.cowlitz.org/dispossessed/html>, you can find a superb article on
>the modern history of the Cowlitz nation, including a fine quote from the
>well-known chief Atwin Stockman, circa one hundred years ago, which is
>about equal parts Chinook Jargon and English.  If anyone can figure out how
>to extract it from that page and post it here, you're more clever than I.
>(Note to one of our list members:  There are some mentions of Simon
>Plamondon on that website also!)

Hi, Dave.  The url is actually  www.cowlitz.org/dispossessed.html
Our list readers should be able to view the article there, as my
reposting it to the list would infringe the copyright.  But if anyone
is unable to see it on the Web, just let me know and I'll email you
the text.

Regards,

Jeff