More gems from "American Memory"

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at USWEST.NET
Mon Jul 31 09:58:54 UTC 2000

A few more gems from the Library of Congress "American Memory" web
site.  Go to

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fsaPlaces15.html

and scroll down to "Oregon--Clackamas County--Molalla" and you will
find a selection of photos shot in 1936 at the Buckeroo Days,
including several of Warm Springs Indians.  I am sure I saw these
somewhere in my childhood, either in the paper or a textbook,
particularly the striking picture of the boy in headdress.

See also sequence of 8 at "Oregon--Celilo Falls."

There are 5000 images by this photographer, Arthur Rothstein, from
across the country on-line, and it appears he made a quick tour
through Oregon in 1936.

Regards,

Jeff