[Fwd: Re: "Tanasvale" in Portland, Oregon]

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at USWEST.NET
Tue Oct 10 08:11:36 UTC 2000

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:20:31 -0400, "Dave Robertson"
<TuktiWawa at NETSCAPE.NET> wrote:

> [...]

Yes, though they spell it as four words.  Here's their phone book
listing (from www.anywho.com):

BIGS HI YU HE HE DRIVE IN
88315 N Territorial Road
Veneta, OR 97487-0940
541 935 1462

Curious to see if there were any other Hiyu's out there, I searched
Anywho for Oregon and Washington for the term, but that is the only
one that came back (so near matches in any position would have been
returned).

There are, however:

SKOOKUM
2310 Industrial Avenue
Hubbard, OR 97032
503 982 9745
(Marine Equipment & Supplies)

SKOOKUM MARINE
29772 Clear Lake Road
Eugene, OR 97402-0950
541 688 6908
(Boat Equipment Supplies & Services)

SKOOKUM REFORESTATION
29772 Clear Lake Road
Eugene, OR 97402-0950
541 688 1900
(Landscape Contractors & Designers)

SKOOKUM
126 Winslow Way W
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110-0251
206 842 0681
(Clothes & Accessories Women)

SKOOKUM ARCHERS
Puyallup, WA 98371
253 770 4177
(Archery Ranges)

SKOOKUMBAY OUTFITTERS
120 S H Street
Aberdeen, WA 98520-0651
360 533 0825
(Canoes & Kayaks Sales Trips & Classes)

SKOOKUM BOTTLE WASH 2
847 W Park Avenue
Port Townsend, WA 98368-0227
360 379 3442
(Recycling Centers & Collection Depots)

SKOOKUM CHINOOK CAMPGROUNDS
1301 Marshall Lake Road
Newport, WA 99156-0910
509 447 4158
(Resorts & Vacation Cottages)

SKOOKUMCHUCK ELECTRIC INC
P Bx 723 P Bx 723
Tenino, WA 98589-0072
360 264 4210
(Electric Contractors)

SKOOKUMCHUCK MOBILE MANOR
21541 Bucoda Highway Se
Centralia, WA 98531-0954
360 736 7503
(Manufactured & Mobile Home Parks)

SKOOKUM CREEK FISH HATCHERY
Acme, WA 98220
360 595 2142
(Establishment Not Classified)

SKOOKUM EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
Belfair, WA 98528
360 275 5552
(Establishment Not Classified)

SKOOKUM EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
P.O. Box 1159
Port Townsend, WA 98368-0003
360 385 4980
(Toys Wholesale & Manufactures)

SKOOKUM EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
385 Benedict Street
Port Townsend, WA 98368-0462
360 385 4980
(Toys Wholesale & Manufactures)

SKOOKUM EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
301 County Landfill Road
Port Townsend, WA 98368-0962
360 385 7678
(Recycling Centers & Collection Depots)

SKOOKUM EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
P Bx 1159
Port Townsend, WA 98368-0003
360 275 5552
(Establishment Not Classified)

SKOOKUM INC
Port Townsend, WA 98368
360 385 3156
(Paper Shredded)

SKOOKUM LOGGING
819 Shamrock Drive
Aberdeen, WA 98520-0155
360 532 2186
(Logging Companies & Contractors)

SKOOKUM LUMBER COMPANY
1821 W Bay Drive Nw
Olympia, WA 98502-0431
360 352 7633
(Lumber Wholesale)

SKOOKUM LUMBER COMPANY
780 W State Route 108
Shelton, WA 98584-0776
360 426 9721
(Saw Mills)

SKOOKUM MOBILE HOME PARK
3910 Olympic Highway
Aberdeen, WA 98520-0318
360 533 5668
(Campground & Recreational Vehicle Parks)

SKOOKUM OUTFITTER
2839 Fish Hatchery Road
Sequim, WA 98382-0826
360 683 9867
(Guide Service)

SKOOKUM PRODUCTS
19304 Ne 198th Street
Woodinville, WA 98072-0880
425 869 2009
(Boat Manufactures)

VESSEY & SONS SKOOKUM ROCK
7 County Farm Road
Montesano, WA 98563-0961
360 249 4811
(Builders & Contractors)

SKOOKUM TREE COMPANY
207 E Arizona Avenue
Roslyn, WA 98941
509 649 3104
(Tree Services)

ILLAHEE AT CHARBONNEAU
8755 Sw Illahee Court, OFC
Wilsonville, OR 97070-0848
503 694 2883
(Apartments & Buildings)

KLOSHE ILLAHEE
2500 S 370th Street, OFC
Federal Way, WA 98003-0761
253 838 3344
(Manufactured & Mobile Home Parks)

ILLAHEE APARTMENTS
14049 Bel Red Road
Bellevue, WA 98007-0390
425 643 6190
(Apartments & Buildings)

ILLAHEE APARTMENTS
2500 George Washington
Richland, WA 99352-0165
509 375 3018
(Apartments & Buildings)

ILLAHEE FOODS
5507 Illahee Road Ne
Bremerton, WA 98311-0960
360 373 5138
(Grocery Stores)

ILLAHEE MANOR
6680 Illahee Road Ne
Bremerton, WA 98311-0966
360 698 7555
(Bed & Breakfast)

POTLATCH CAFE & BAR
Mossyrock, WA 98564
360 983 3585
(Taverns)

POTLATCH GALLERY
18830 Front Street Ne
Poulsbo, WA 98370
360 779 3377
(Art Galleries Dealers & Consultants)

ADVANCE RESORTS OF AMERICA POTLATCH RESORT
420 Pearle Jensen Way
La Conner, WA 98257
360 466 4468
(Resorts & Vacation Cottages)

POTLATCH RESORT
420 Pearle Jensen Way
La Conner, WA 98257
360 466 4468
(Resorts & Vacation Cottages)

POTLATCH RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE
Long Beach, WA 98631
360 642 3490
(Banquet Facilities)

POTLATCH BUILDERS
P Bx 17355 P O Bx 17
Portland, OR 97217-0035
503 222 4220
(Remodeling & Repairing Building Contractors)

And a variant spelling:

PUD NO 1 OF MASON COUNTY POTLACH
21971 N Highway 101
Hoodsport, WA 98548
360 877 5249
(Electric Companies Utility)

Well, I guess the Potlatch Tavern of NE 125 and 15th in Seattle is no
more.

Look up other Jargon business/place names in "Anywho"!  Works on
street names, too!

Besides above-mentioned Illahee Dr. in Bremerton there is an Illahee
in Ocean Shores, Illahee Dr. in Oak Harbor, Illahee Fir on Fox
Island, Illahee Ln in Clinton and Olympia,

Illahee Ct. in Wilsonville, OR, Illahee Dr. in Bend, Illahee Road
in Idleyld Park, OR,

There is a Skookum Ct. in Florence, Oregon, Skookumchuck Rd in
Tenino, Wash., Skookum Creek Road in Usk, Wash. (Usk??) and in
Cusick, Wash., Skookum Drive in Shelton, Skookum Flat Rd in Lyle,
Wash., and Skookum Flats Rd in Klickitat, Skookum Inlet Rd. in
Shelton, Skookum Meadow Dr. in Newport, Skookum Rd in Poulsbo,
Skookum Tom Rd. in Friday Harbor, and a Skookum View Dr. in Shelton.

There is a Potlatch Lane in Camp Sherman, Oregon, Potlatch Ave. on
Bainbridge Island, Potlatch Beach Rd. in Marysville, Potlatch Drive
in Hoodsport.

P.S. When I visit Olympia's Burger King, I see a building behind it
that looks like a small, modern office or clinic, cryptically labeled
just "Chinook."  What is it?

Regards,

Jeff