Dave's IJAL msg; Tukwila

Dave Robertson TuktiWawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Sun Oct 15 19:38:51 UTC 2000

LhaXayEm,

Thank you, Alan, for making my message more readable.  Was that address for
offprints in the original posting?!

Lisa, I haven't looked into the details, but I had the impression that
Tukwila ([thEkhwIlE] with second-syllable stress in Northwest English, and
something like [t'EkwEla] with first-syllable stress in Chinook Jargon) was a
K'alapuyan word.  That is, it showed up in a vocabulary of K'alapuya written
by Sapir or somebody...but is it a loan from CJ?

I want my musician friend to create another CJ pop song, to be called "It's
Another Tukwila Sunrise."  :-)

Lhush san,
Dave