Dave's IJAL msg; Tukwila

zenk at USWESTMAIL.NET zenk at USWESTMAIL.NET
Mon Oct 16 05:29:49 UTC 2000

About taqwla (or: tEqwla):

t- appears to be the Chinookan 3/pl n/g prefix.  It is recorded as a Chinookan word:  e.g. Clackamas itEqwla. Sapir didn't record Kalapuyan that I know of, but did record Wishram, which is close to Clackamas.  Dell would know.  Henry

Signup for your free USWEST.mail Email account http://www.uswestmail.net