mush (mouche/marche) retry from OED citations

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Fri Oct 27 00:56:17 UTC 2000

janilta wrote:

> Alan, Mike,
>
> Mmmm. Whereas 'mouche' is indeed standard French for 'a fly', I don't
> think there is any 'moucher' in the meaning 'to fly' (at least not in
> standard French), even if it sounds logical. The common meanings for
> 'moucher' are 'to blow (one's nose)' and its slang counterpart 'to snub
> so'. There is also 'to cut off the burnt part of st'.
> We're far from the dogs and the prairie here I'm afraid.

You're right; I fudged on the rendered translation after finding it
thanks to the muscle relaxants I had taken due to a back spasm/relapse.
C'est les drogues.....

"to blow" and "flying bug" are pretty far from each other; could it be
because one might blow to keep flies out of their face/nose?

MC